Getting back to original pre-route list of addresses

I am using routexl to plan a delivery route which is taken from a paper list of addresses.

Around 80% of the route is repeated from the previous week with a number of deletions and additions being made to the previous list.

I’ve put my original set of addresses in and generated a route which I have delivered.

Now I want to get back to my original list of addresses in the order that I entered them so that I can compare with my new paper list for any additions/deletions.

I can’t seem to find a way to show my original list - only the list of addresses sorted to create the delivery route - this makes it difficult to compare with the new paper list of addresses.

I can see that I could put the original list to a .csv file or similar before loading into routexl and generating the route and then update the .csv file with the changes before doing a new bulk import each week to generate a new route - but is there any way within routexl that I can get back to the original list of addresses in the order that I entered them in the first place?

Many thanks for your support.

There is currently no way to retrieve the list of addresses in the original order as you have entered them. Simply because that is not saved as such in our database. Keeping the addresses in a different file seems to be the best option for your workflow.

Thanks for the prompt reply.

Is there anything I need to do to propose this as an enhancement to the product?

It is added to our list for development, but we can not give any timeline.

After giving it some more thought, there may be a workaround for your need:

1. If you add addresses to the map, give each address a number in its comments, indicating its original order.
  2. Create and use the route as you normally would, the order numbers will be kept in the comments.
  3. When you want to go back to the original list, open the route from the history, download its CSV file, open the file as a spreadsheet and sort the addresses on the order number in the comments.

Hope this works for you.

That’s a good idea. I’ll give it a try. Thanks.

1 Like